Why I Love Michigan

On March 13 (313 Day), I wrote a post about why I love Detroit and it inspired me to write another post about why I love my whole state. Obviously, since Detroit is in MI, everything in the other post applies to this one. 

Home of the Great Lakes// I know that we share them with other states, but Michigan touches 4 of the 5 Great Lakes which house the greatest collection of fresh water in the United States. (I saw this funny bumper sticker that said "4 of the 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan :)

A Great Freeze Over the Great Lakes
Frozen Great Lakes in 2014

Mackinac Island// Last summer I went for the first time and I am totally in love. We climbed the stairs to Arch Rock, biked around, ate fudge, saw the fort (from afar), went on a night cruise to see the Bridge lit up. If you ever get a chance, go to Mackinac Island.

Main Street on Mackinac


Weather// Michigan has virtually ZERO natural disasters. The occasional tornado or local mini-floods, but nothing huge or major. Plus, we get SNOW!!! Most people I know actually don't like snow, but I absolutely love it. 


I didn't take this picture but it is gorgeous

Shape// Seriously, where else can you live that you can give directions on your hand? I love asking where a town is and someone points to a general area on their right hand. Gotta love the Mitten State :)

Nature// Honestly, I am not a huge nature person, but many years ago, we went to the UP (that is Upper Peninsula), and saw Tahquamenon Falls which was so cool and we have really cool forests.

Tahquamenon falls upper.jpg
Upper Falls (Wikipedia)

Lower Falls - we got to walk in these (Wikipedia)
Attractions// Michigan draws tourists from all over the country and Canada. We have museums, restaurants, music, shows, parks, campgrounds. 

Homeschooling// Why is this a reason I love my state? Because Michigan is one of the most relaxed states in the country when it comes to homeschooling. I am very thankful that I live somewhere I can learn and be taught in the way my family wants. 

Frankenmuth ~ Michigan's Little Bavaria// I absolutely love this place. Bronner's CHRISTmas store is amazing, Zehnder's, and all the adorable little shops. 
Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland

 

Michigan is a fun, beautiful state and I love living here. I'm sure there are a million other reasons I love it here, these are just a few. Come visit sometime and let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular Posts