A Friend Supports // An Important Part of a Fine, Fine Life # 2

I don't make friends super easily (especially the older I get), but I have the best friend in the world. Last Friday, she texted me and told me she couldn't wait to hear about the Tigers game I was going to and share in my happiness (assuming we won). The thing is, she really doesn't care about baseball at all. She just likes to see me happy and be excited for and with me.  Allie over at Reckless had a  post about types of friends you need in your life (BTW Allie - I am just like you when it comes to sharing with people) and my best friend is pretty much all of those for me (but I'm not jealous of her although she does inspire me). I love how she cares about my interests because she cares about me. It just emphasizes to me how much she cares about me and I hope that I support my friends the same way. If you want to show your friends how much you care, show interest in what they love, even if it's not your thing.

Comments

  1. This is so, so true! You know you've got a really great friend when they start caring about stuff that you know they have absolutely no interest in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts