Count Your Blessings ~ I really need to apply this more often // It's A Fine, Fine Life # 3

You've heard the old adage "Count Your Blessings" or the sappy version "When I count my blessings, I always count you twice". I tend to take a lot of things for granted in my life. My mom started this year a Thankful Jar where we all write things we are thankful for on pieces of index cards and at the end of the year we will read them all. But I personally need to do it more because sometimes I have days that I just feel depressed. But why on earth do I feel depressed when I have an AWESOME life? Hopefully you never have days like that (wink,wink) but if you do please join me in counting our blessings. So, because it is so great to be alive, here are some reasons I love life - my blessings. 

Living in America ~ Two awesome parents ~ Siblings (yes they are blessings) ~ Freedom to be homeschooled ~ A solid house with heat and air ~ My own room! ~ Health ~ All my senses work ~ My co-op family ~ My friends ~ Money for fun stuff (concerts, baseball games, etc.) ~ Movies ~ Music ~ Books ~ Internet (seriously, you do not appreciate it until you work with dial-up or horrible hotel connections for three weeks)Abundance of food ~ Clothing ~ Chocolate!!!! ~ Religious freedom ~ Beautiful nature ~ Clean water ~ A working mind ~ Safety ~ All my possessions (I consider myself pretty rich all in all) ~ My dad has a good job ~ Cars ~ Paper and writing utensils ~ and so many more things.

I have so much to be thankful for and so many blessings. It is a fine, fine life and it's good to be alive. 

Thanks for reading! :)

Sarah

Comments

  1. This makes me happy! There are a lot of things in that list that honestly would not have come to my mind, so thanks for that. (Also, I'm feeling the bad internet connection right now - our wifi is out and I'm pretty sure my cat's responsible.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it made you think. Haha about your cat. You crack me up :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts