What I'm Listening To // Seventh Installment





Spotify is a funny beast. One of the things I don't like about it is one of the ways I hear random songs that I end up really liking. When you're listening to a playlist, it will insert other songs that are - theoretically - similar. That's where I first heard of David Archuleta. 

He has a really good voice and there are two songs I heard through the random inserting. One was called Good Place and the other is Numb. 

Numb has some great things going for it. The music is fantastic, especially the piano part around the bridge. I also like the lyrics. For a secular song, they are pretty good. 

He's basically talking about how life can be really hard and painful, but he doesn't want to become numb to it all. There have been seasons where it would be nice to just not feel any emotion, but that's not how God created us, and becoming numb can also be becoming bitter. That's not good. 

It hurts to live so wide awake, oh
But it’s a chance I can take
I won’t run run run
'Cause I don’t wanna feel numb

I primarily listen to this song for the music, to be honest, but the words have something to them, which is nice.  

Comments

Popular Posts