The Ilyon Chronicles by Jaye L. Knight

 Picture


I found out about this series of books through the Black Friday sale I blogged about. Reading the description, it sounded really good, so I picked the first book as one of my free ebooks I received for participating. Then I asked for the other two and the prequel for Christmas. I got them, and boy, I was not disappointed!

The storyline and plot are so well thought out and developed, the characters relatable and also well developed. Knight created a brand new world and diverse people groups with their own histories, characteristics, & preferences. It's quite impressive. She is a fairly young author, which makes the quality of her work that much more amazing. She definitely has a gift. 

I could not stop reading this series. (I started the third book on a Saturday and I had to exert extreme willpower to get done everything I needed to do before I started reading, because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop. I read the entire book that day. So after I started, I did nothing basically the rest of the day :) The story grabs you and won't let go. Many parts had my heart beating faster, wondering what would happen; who would survive? As suspenseful as the books are, each has a satisfactory ending. It ends on a good note with hope, yet it's obvious that there is more story to tell. This made me very happy when I realized that there were three more books to come! I did not want to be waiting on pins and needles for each successive book (I'm looking at you, Shannon Messenger!).

If you are looking for a good series to read, I highly recommend these books. Unfortunately, you cannot get them from the library (most likely) so you'd have to purchase them, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. I very rarely buy books that I haven't read, but these sounded worth the risk and they were! On Goodreads, it says that the last three and another novella are expected to come out this year, so hopefully, we'll get to read the rest of the story very soon!

*I just discovered her Etsy shop! She makes some incredible jewelry that would make great gifts for people. Go check it out!

Comments

Popular Posts