Almond Flour Doughnuts











I found a doughnut recipe on Blackberry Morning several months ago and wanted to try it out. My parents however, are grain-free, so they wouldn't be able to have any. (Okay, my dad would have at least one anyway :) So I decided I was going to have a baking adventure! 

A search on The Google found an almond flour biscuit recipe. I wanted a dough with almond flour, so that worked. I made the dough, made it into balls, and formed holes in the middle. Then I fried them in the coconut oil per the instructions on Blackberry Morning. 

Conclusion: my methods need some work. Some of the doughnuts got rather dark, yet the inside was still really doughy. They were okay. I'm going to ask the blogger some questions about the oil temperatures & such. It also may be that almond flour works differently with coconut oil. Next time, I may use my grandma's doughnut pan and see how that works out.  

It was a fun experience. I'm glad that I seem to be getting more comfortable going outside of my comfort zone. I've never liked the idea of "playing" with food and recipes because I didn't want to ruin it and have to throw it all away. But I've had a moderate success, so that boosts my confidence and I have some thoughts about my next try! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts