Reflections // Graduation Party Time

Graduation is official once you have the party, right? Well, I guess now I'm official. We had my grad party this past weekend (oh, and Happy August, everyone!) and it was so much fun! 



A bunch of my extended family on my Mom's side came, some from Canada, and we took a big family picture.
For those of you who don't know, I really like mermaids. If I could be a mythological creature, I would be a mermaid. But not just any mermaid. I'd be a half-mer (if you don't understand that, you need to go read the Emily Windsnap books. You can do it now, this post will be here waiting for you.) My friends know this about me. Julianne is apparently secretly a wizard because she made me a mermaid tail!!!! It's an afghan that wraps around me and I can stick my feet in the fins! So awesome! My friend Molly would be a unicorn (says she is a unicorn) and she got me a t-shirt that has "us" on the front; i.e. a unicorn and a mermaid! Obviously, my friends know me very well ;)


Why am I holding 'Happy Birthday' balloons? Because the store only had those blown up and they were packed and my dad didn't want to wait! The idea was just to make it obvious where to come in, so it didn't really matter what they said. People had fun with it anyway. They'd say, "Congratulations! or Happy Birthday. Whichever you prefer :)", or something along those lines.



This dog!!! Molly is pet-sitting a leader dog in training and she brought him to my party! His name is Wilson and he is so good, so sweet, and just about perfect! I've been hearing about Wilson for months and finally got to meet him. He stayed the whole day and was just the best. Everyone loved him.


Carter, MacKenzie, & Rydere with me

MacKenzie gave me a wonderful gift - she wanted me to braid her hair! She told her mom, "You can't do my hair. I want Sarah to do my hair." YES!!!!



Friendship is sweet
It was wonderful spending the day with friends. Some I haven't seen much during high school and others I just do life with. I am so blessed to have so many people who love and support me; who pray for me and want to help me as I go through life. If I ever have days where I start to believe the lie that I'm alone, I just need to look through the box of cards to see how many people care about me and are in my corner.

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with me, who helped set up and tear down, who came far distances, who planned things around coming to my party. You are all wonderful and I am so thankful that God has placed you in my life. I love you all!





Comments

  1. I'm so glad you like your mermaid tail! (btw we got your thank-you note in the mail today) In response to your wizard comment I shall quote a pin on Pinterest: "Being a crocheter is sorta like being a magician. You mumble to yourself while wiggling a stick around, and other people have no idea how you did it.: :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an AWESOME quote! It made me laugh so much. *I'm laughing to myself now as I re-read the quote while I reply! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts