Truthful Test // An Oliver Wikk Adventure ~ Quest 4 Truth series by Brock Eastman

Two years ago for Christmas, I got the book series Quest 4 Truth by Brock Eastman. At least, I got all the books that were out at the time. Brock has written two short stories about characters from the series, one of which I just heard as an audio book. 

Disclaimer: I got the audio book for free from the author and was asked to provide a review here on my blog. However, my thoughts and opinions are my own and are honest.

I really liked the book. The beginning is spent with Oliver in a simulator, but I kept forgetting that it was a simulator and was very concerned. It seemed like it was really happening to him! (Okay, really happening in a fiction world, but you get what I mean). Even when he was facing tough decisions, you weren't entirely sure what would happen. So, the book was great.

That being said, I did not care for the reader. You have to understand that I don't generally listen to audio books because I am very picky about readers. I realize that the reader doesn't have any bearing on whether or not I liked the story, but since I'm being completely honest, I must say that I did not really like the reader. 

That's my review. You probably won't get the story if you haven't read the Q4T series, but if you have, then you definitely will want to check out the latest installment. Can't wait until the fifth book in the series is out!

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about reader preference (or "voice actor", for a more formal term). I listened to Fahrenheit 451, read by Ray Bradbury himself. While it was great to know that the dialogue inflections were just as the author intended them to be, well... let's just say I know why he chose writing over radio! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts