10 Things I Like About Spring

I've often heard that people get depressed in the winter. I can't understand that. I really can't. Because I LOVE winter. I do well in the cold, I love snow, co-op is in the winter. The only downsides are socks and shoes and no baseball. 

I get depressed in the spring. I don't like rain. Now, I can deal when it rains in the morning and the sun comes out later, but the days when it rains non-stop all day just drag me down. I get that we need rain for the grass and flowers, and, oh, FOOD! (Yeah, that's kind of important).  But I don't like driving in rain and it cancels co-op playdates and baseball games (my brother's and the Tigers).

But I really try to find the positives in life. I'd be even more depressed if I focused on the negatives. So, in keeping with my personality, here is my list of 10 Things I Like About Spring (in no particular order).

  1. Flowers (especially lilacs)
  2. Flip-flops and going bare foot (it's practically summer by then, but it counts)
  3. BASEBALL IS BACK!!!!
  4. EASTER!!!! My favorite holiday :)
  5. Wind 
  6. The smell in the air before it rains. So I like something about rain :)
  7. Bike rides
  8. Laying in the hammock
  9. Playing bocce ball, croquet, and badminton (only when it's not too windy or the birdie goes on the roof :)
  10. Not having to go put on shoes and a coat to take out the compost. I can just walk right outside.
Okay, I did it! I found 10 things that I like about spring. I'll probably do one again when fall gets here :) Hope you are enjoying your spring!

Comments

Popular Posts