Easter












I LOVE Easter! It is my favorite holiday and my favorite church service. The choir sings, the handbells and brass play, we sing wonderful songs. The best years are the sunny years when sunlight streams through the stained glass windows. It's a beautiful, joyous service.

I woke up at 4:45 because I heard my dad and brother getting ready to go to church. I got up an hour later, and my other brother and I got to church at 7:20. Why are we all up at such crazy hours on Easter? Easter Breakfast. Our high school youth group puts on a breakfast ever year as a fundraiser. It is so much fun to set up for and put on, but it does entail getting up REALLY early. I was ready for bed that night :)

We always spend the day at my grandparents' house with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. After lunch is the Easter egg hunt. I usually help one of my younger cousins find the eggs :) It's kind of hard to see, but in the picture of us all by the tree, we hung the baskets from the branches. My brother's idea. 

There is the annual Silly String War. We have an aunt who gives us Easter baskets and includes one or two cans of the string. These are given to Grammy to save for Easter. I do not participate in the war (I don't want that stuff in my hair!), but I watch and spray mine on the ground. One year, we sprayed our swing set in the stuff and left it for a while. That was fun.

I hope you had a blessed Easter. CHRIST IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED! ALLELUIA!

Comments

Popular Posts