Sucess!

It always feels good to succeed at something. Especially when you don't think you can. 

In the past two years, I've been doing CLEP and DSST tests. Basically, I study a subject and then go take a test and - assuming I pass - I get college credit. It's a fast(er) and cheaper way to earn credit. Anyway...

I never feel ready to take one of these tests. With one exception, none of the ones I've done are subjects I'm interested in or very good at. So every time I'm nervous that I might not have studied enough; I might not pass. I don't want to waste money and I don't want to fail. 

I took one today that I was REALLY nervous about. So much so, that I didn't even tell my friend I was taking it, because I didn't want to have to then text her if I failed. Yeah, I was not feeling confident. But I started doing it, and the questions I felt like I could either work out and get the answer or I thought I knew it.

What's really ironic is, the test I took before this one, I felt pretty good going in because I had done so well on the practice tests. When I actually took the test, there were a lot of questions that I had NO IDEA about. Material I'd never heard of. Today, I felt really anxious, but the questions were relatively intuitive. I'm not entirely sure what the moral is there; if you know, please tell me!

It was a relief to click that button and see that I'd passed. Even though I felt good taking the test, in the moment before I saw my score I was tense, and then I could relax. Because I succeeded. And I really didn't expect to this time. 

Comments

Popular Posts