Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!

I don't really do much for Valentine's Day. It's pretty much another day for me. At my co-op, we always do a Valentine's Day workshop and give each other valentines, but that's about it. 

Anyway, for others it's a big deal. Especially for couples and I would even say  especially for dating couples. Well, I just heard this wonderful song by Anthem Lights that is almost the antithesis of "modern" Valentine's Day, but I think is so important. It reflects the verse in Song of Solomon about not awakening love until the proper time. I really like the encouragement this song gives.


 
Great song, right? Okay, now on to a completely different topic, but still related to Valentine's Day. 

You've heard it before, "God is love". But do you realize what that means? God IS love. Literally, when you think of love, you should think of God, because He is the definition of love. I've written before, here and on my music blog, about how I get so much more out of songs sometimes when I put "God" in where "love" is written. 

The other day, I randomly did that with 1 Corinthians 13. It's so cool.



4 GOD is patient, GOD is kind. GOD does not envy, GOD does not boast, GOD  is not proud. 5 GOD does not dishonor others, GOD is not self-seeking, GOD is not easily angered, GOD keeps no record of wrongs. 6 GOD does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 GOD always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 GOD never fails.
See? Isn't it cool how you put God in and nothing changes? All those statements are true because God = love. Real love, true love is only found in God. We strive to love like Him, and we fail, but He does not. He can perfectly love and He loves unconditionally. 
Happy Valentine's Day! 

Probably my favorite love song ever :)



 

Comments

Popular Posts