Did you know this about your hair?

I learned some really interesting things in my Health book:
  1. Your hair color is determined by melanin. Okay, I knew that. But, there are only TWO types of melanin that produce hair color!! Red melanin does red or auburn hair and black does everything else. Isn't that crazy? It blew me away.
  2. The other cool thing is what determines the body of our hair. The shape of the hair follicle (where the base of the strand of hair is) is what determines whether your hair is curly or straight. How curly or straight your hair is depends on the curvature of your hair follicle. That I did not know and I thought it was pretty cool. 
So there you go. You learned something new today!  







A note:
To the person who is giving my posts +1s on Google, 

THANK YOU!

~ Smylinggirl

Comments

Popular Posts