Everybody has a testimony

    I'm going to do something a little unusual for me here on this blog. I'm going to be serious and a bit personal.

    As you've probably figured out by now, I am a Christian. I have been a Christian my entire life. I was baptized when I was a month old and I've gone to church, been in Bible studies and clubs, etc. I say this only to make a point: I've never not known God. 
    For a long time, I was under the impression that testimony = your got-saved story. Since I was baptized as an infant and never didn't know God, I assumed that I didn't have a testimony. And that bothered me. I'm probably not the only one who has ever thought this. But I've come to realize that testimony = your God-working-in-your-life story. 
    That's really all it is. A testimony is your story (or stories) of how God has worked in your life. It is a testimony to the power of God. Some are more elaborate than others. But all are important and all can be a powerful tool in sharing God's love to people. 
    Once I came to understand this - which was just in the past year really - I realized that I DO have a testimony. I have two that I can think of. I might share them here eventually, but that in itself would be another testimony, because I am pretty private and I don't share things. Which makes my testimonies null and void if I don't share them, I know. But it's hard and it's out of my comfort zone. Still, maybe someone needs to hear it. I don't know. 
    What I hope you hear today in this is that, even if you never had a got-saved experience because you've been a Christian your whole life and/or were baptized as an infant like me, I guarantee that you have a testimony of God working in your life. Or maybe you will in the future. This realization was freeing for me. That may seem silly, but I wanted to have a testimony. I wanted to have a story that could speak to people like other testimonies spoke to me. I don't know if my testimony will reach anyone through this blog or maybe if it will just be for my friends, cousins, kids (one day). But whoever is meant to hear it, God will make sure they do. 
    I hope you have a wonderful day! And be on the lookout for God working in your life. You just might discover that you do indeed have a testimony to share. 

Comments

Popular Posts