Lawn mowing adventure

Yesterday I mowed the lawn for the first time.

You might be thinking, "Really? She's a senior and has never mowed the lawn?". Well, my dad and granddad always did it and then my brothers began to do it (and our neighbor sometimes does ours as well), so there was never a need.

My brother made sure I could start it before they left to go mow at our farm and he explained that on bar was the shutoff and one made it go. Well, I kind of forgot about the go-bar. 

There I am, pushing this mower back and forth across our front yard and IT. IS. HARD.
It's not an especially warm day, but I'm getting really warm and my arms are getting tired and I'm thinking, "There is no way I can do ours and Oma's in one time. How do the boys do this?"

Anyway, after I finish both front lawns and have started on Oma's side yard, I suddenly remember this other bar. "Oh yeah, this bar makes it go?". Let me tell you, that chore got a TON easier when I pulled back that little bar. My family thought it was pretty funny. Trust me, I won't be forgetting to pull back the go-bar next time I mow the lawn. (Which I hope won't be any time soon.)

Comments

Popular Posts