It's Got To Be A God-thing

I haven't been especially motivated to do my devotions lately. But the past couple of days, when I've finally made myself do it, the devotion has spoken directly to me. It just goes straight to my heart. I think it's really cool that when I don't want to do what I 'm supposed to and I do it anyway - those are the days I get even more out of what I'm reading.

A few days ago, this was part of my reading:
"Do not confuse restoration with replacement. God's way is not just to replace what we've lost but to restore us. When we have experienced a devastating loss, His aim is not simply to put something in its place. His aim is to minister to the hurting soul.... Our infinitely wise God does far more than replace. He goes straight to the heart to heal." (Beth Moore, Whispers of Hope)

Yesterday's reading was all about our natural (read fleshly) reaction to pain and suffering: to build walls and harden our hearts. Since this is what I tend to do, retreat inside myself, I do not like readings like this, but they are exactly what I need to hear. 

Comments

Popular Posts