Answering My Own Liebster Questions

I thought it would be fun if I answered my own questions that I posed to the bloggers I nominated for the Liebster Award. And since I find these kinds of questions so fun, I also pulled the questions from on of my nominee's blogs of her nominees! Let's jump in.

 

1. Who are your heroes/who do you look up to as a role model? I am inspired by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Elisabeth Elliot, Bob Ladouceur, and Phylicia Masonheimer. They each have played a role in different areas of my life and I want to be like them when I grow up :)

2. What is a special memory you have with your family? See, I said "a" because asking for a favorite is just impossible. I think I'd have to say our Grand Canyon trip. That's a bit of a cop-out because it incorporates a lot of memories, but it was a big deal so it stands out above the rest.

3. What is one way you've seen God work in your life? I would have to say that outside of answered prayers, one of the biggest ways I've seen God working is through other people. He would provide something that I or my family needed through our church or our friends.

4. What is your favorite treat? I have a big sweet tooth but I really like Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!!! I could just eat so many of them.

5. If you could speak any language fluently, what would it be? My cop-out answer is Spanish. I don't really know. It would be fun to speak languages like Elvish from LOTR or the Enlightened language from KOTLC.

6. What other culture fascinates you and why? My own culture is very individualistic and reserved so other cultures that are more community-based and flamboyant are pretty interesting because they are so opposite my own. I've always been interested in ancient cultures so I'll say the Persian culture. I know very little about it, to be honest, but I can see the remains of it and that glimpse kind of makes me want to know more.

7. Would you rather be able to travel around your own country during any point in history or travel anywhere in the world but only during your lifetime? (i.e. see England as it changed through history or see all of the world during the 80ish years you are alive) Travel anywhere in the world during my own lifetime. There are so many places I want to see and it would be so cool if I had the ability to just go see them without money or other restrictions!

8. If you could eliminate one bad thing from the world, what would it be and why? Gah! I had no idea my questions were so hard!!! I am going back and forth between greed and lying... I think I am going to go with lying. I've seen so much damage come from hiding the truth or twisting the truth or just straight up lying and I'm really sick of it so I'd love to remove it from the world.

9. Is your career one you always dreamed of or did it take you by surprise? I'd have to say it took me by surprise. Photography was not on my list of possible careers as a kid, but by the time I graduated, there it was! I guess it kind of snuck up on me.

10. If you could have any talent, what would it be and why? I would love to be able to draw. I have some really cool images in my head that I want to get out but I don't have the skill to do so.

11. What is your favorite thing to celebrate? Well, my favorite holiday is Easter but I love doing mini-celebrations of non-holiday things. I definitely celebrate baseball's Opening Day :)


Wow, those questions were way harder than I imagined when I asked them! I kind of feel bad for my nominees now :)

 

  1. Favorite book that you read as a child? When I have to pick just one book, I pick The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare. I just love it!!
  2. What is an “unusual” pet that you have or would like to have one day? Are we talking mythological? Because then I want an alicorn. When it comes to real life "unusual"... I'm not much of a pet person, so if I ever did have a pet, it probably would be a dog or cat. If it were legal, I'd have a red panda :)
  3. What is a good nonfiction book you would recommend to everyone? Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas. It's long but so good!!!! For a shorter read, The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller.
  4. Favorite day of the week, and why? When I was a kid it was Thursday because that was co-op day. Now... I don't know. Maybe Sunday because that's usually my slowest, most relaxed day and I write letters on Sunday.
  5. Do you associate colors with words or people? No, I don't have synethesia. I do associate music with memories!
  6. What is the weirdest dream you can remember? I have three dreams that I remember very well but the weirdest one involved a lake with a higher portion that had a 90 degree angle wall of water down to the lower portion (so the "wall" was of water but it was flat and didn't flow) and in the lower portion there was a tree sticking out of it and there was something down below the tree that two guys were trying to free. I don't remember the "logic" or reasoning of the dream but the weird physical details are still sharp. My weird dreams are hard to explain to others :)
  7. Musicals—yea or nay? YEA!!! At least based on the ones I've seen. Singin' In The Rain and The Greatest Showman are two of my favorite movies. And, yes, they're cheesy, but I grew up with High School Musical and Camp Rock. I know they aren't Broadway but they are musicals.
  8. What country or region would you like to visit one day? My top country on my bucket list is New Zealand. I hope I can go someday but I don't know if it will be possible.
  9. Dream job? Building my photography to a more sustainable level and editing photos for other photographers!
  10. Favorite GIF or meme? Oooh, I have three top ones. I'll post them below.
  11. Describe your perfect day. Wait, I think I already answered this one in my nomination post. So go read that :) Well, that was the perfect afternoon, so just include not having to get up early in the morning and seeing a sunset in the evening with clear skies so you can see the moon and stars after the sun goes down. I'd spend part of the day on the water in some kind of water craft and I'd be with my family, cousins, and the Cohort (my oldest, closest friends). 

 


 
 

I also liked some of the questions that my friend answered on her nomination post. I'm picking and choosing which ones I want to do of them :)


What is your favorite era? WWII. That is my favorite time period to read about because it inspires me and encourages me. I love reading about the people, both real and fictional.

What fictional character would you want to befriend? Hmmm, when I was a kid, I always thought Joe Hardy (of the ATAC series) would be a hoot to hang out with. I think I'd want to befriend Christy Miller or Katie Weldon. Both are amazing characters and I think we'd get along really well.

Excluding any instruments you might play, what is your favorite instrument? Drums. Violin. Drums. Violin. Dru... Vio... Okay, it's a tie! I love drums and violin (and piano but I can technically play that).

What is something random that you like to do? I love organizing things and cleaning, when it means getting things put back into an orderly fashion. I don't like cleaning as in cleaning floors or the bathroom, but if I'm cleaning and organizing, THAT is fun.

On a scale of one to ten, how excited were you for this nomination? TEN!

When did you decide you wanted to start a blog? I started this blog in 2015 I think? *goes to check archive* Oh goodness it was in the end of 2013!!! I had no idea! I had wanted to have a place to share quotes with my friends and that's how this blog came to be. It has had a long and varied life.

Early bird or night owl? NIGHT. OWL. 100%

What food do you want to like but just can't? Tomatoes. It would make life a LOT easier.

If you went to a bazaar and could only buy one thing, what would it be? Probably a cute skirt. I liked my friend's answer of earrings. That is a distinct possibility too.


 


Comments

Popular Posts