Excitement & Agony // That May Be A Bit Extreme

Happy November! I have been waiting for this day all year! 

LODESTAR COMES OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally love the Keeper of the Lost Cities series and it is SO. HARD. to wait for the next book. So that's the good news and the excitement.


The agony is this: Shannon Messenger had planned on this being the last book. I was assuming all year that this was the last book. I need closure and answers! But this was on her blog yesterday:


Yep--that's right. LODESTAR is not the last book in the KEEPER series. There will be a book 6 and a book 7, coming in Fall of 2017 and Fall of 2018 (and no, I can't tell you ANYTHING else about them!) http://ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com/2016/10/mmgm-links-103116.html 

NO!!!!!!!! I'm happy only in that it means more time in the amazing world she's created and that she can fix the horrible mess she's created, but... I have to wait TWO YEARS?!?!? These books are for middle schoolers (technically) and I will be 20 before I get to the end. That's assuming she doesn't change her mind again :)

The ranting is over, I will simply focus on the fact that I am so happy to get Lodestar. 

Have a nice November! 

Comments

  1. Uh oh. That might be an indication that she has lost control of her storyline and doesn't know how to end it. I hope that I'm wrong!

    I rejoice with you, though, that the book is released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's the blog post about "knowing your ending" that I looked for, but couldn't find, before I posted my previous comment: http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/08/rules-of-writing-ii.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I've never read anything by her, I might have to check out the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great story! I can't speak for her young adult series tho. I've only read Keepers.

      Delete
  4. Woah that font makes the smiley faces look weird!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts