Me & Music Blog Tag

I love reading my friend's blog because it's really good. I also find ideas to "copy" for my own blog. This latest blog tag is all about music and I might regret this because I listen to SO. MUCH. MUSIC!!! Will I be able to make these decisions?

 

The Rules:

  1. Link back to the original post (Sophie @ Me and Ink) so she can see your answers and listen to the tunes.
  2. For every prompt you choose to do, name 1-5 songs (I used Sophie’s graphics, and I put them in rainbow order, because…why not).
  3. Have fun and play your music LOUD!

 

 

Yeesh! I am more of an artist person than an album person but I'll give it a go.

  • Followers by Tenth Avenue North
  • Run Wild. Live Free. Love Strong by For King & Country


I legit don't know. I have songs that remind me of events that happened at home, but those are in different categories. I don't think I have any songs that just remind me of home.



So I literally know NONE of the current top 100 songs on Billboard. I recognize artists but not the songs. The best I can do is some songs from the past couple years that I really like.

  • One Foot by WALK THE MOOON
  • Despacitio (Remix) by Luis Fonsi & Justin Bieber
  • High Hopes by Panic! At The Disco


  • Now You Believe In You by SkyMubs
  • Miracles by Colton Dixon
  • The Hampster Dance Song by Hampton the Hamster

 

 

I LOVE movie themes!!! I have an insane number of songs saved in my "movie scores" playlist but I think they probably mean songs with words so I'll stick to that.

  • Speechless by Naomi Scott
  • He Lives In You by Lebo M.
  • Dear Evan Hansen medley by Chad Graham and Joseph Stamper

 

  • High School Musical and other assorted Disney Channel songs
  • Barbie movie songs (especially Connected by Sara Paxton)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia theme

 

 

Hey, if a song is over about 5 years old, it's getting into old territory so no one tar and feather me please!!

  • Prince of Peace by Michael W. Smith
  • Jesus Is Life by Steven Curtis Chapman



  • Most songs from The Greatest Showman and the Frozen movies. 
  • Pretty much all the old Disney Channel movie sountracks.
  • Greater by MercyMe
  • This Is The Stuff by Francesca Battistelli

 

  • Memories by David Tolk
  • Orchard House by Thomas Newman
  • O Praise The Name by Hillsong

 

 

 

  • See The Light by True Vibe. When I hear this song, I am roller skating at a homeschool skate in Farmington Hills.
  • Pressing On by Relient K. This song takes me back to when my brother and I would "dance" by spinning in circles as fast as we could until one of us fell down.
  • Ooh Ahh by The Grits. My brothers and I used to "exercise" to this CD called 'Hear It First' and this song was on it. Not sure why this song is the memory jogger, but there you go.
 
 
 
I don't really cry at songs but there are songs I listen to when I am crying or that are associated with sad things.
  • He Is With Us by Love & The Outcome
  • Lifeline by Mandisa
  • Remind Me You're Here by Jason Gray

 

  • Look On Up by Relient K
  • Skillet has a lot of good songs that have deeper meaning. 
I'm more a music person and lyrics are secondary. 
 
 

If I'm actually trying to work, I usually have some sort of instrumental playlist going but if I need a mental pick-me-up, I have my fun playlists of upbeat music. So we're going to draw from those
  • Up Again by Dan Bremnes
  • CRZY AWSM by We Are Leo
  • Inside Out by Bonray

I'm not much of a music video person so this was hard! I appreciate fun or clever ones that are unique and/or tell a story.

  • Be With You by Anthem Lights
  • Pompeii by Anthem Lights
  • Burn The Ships by For King & Country
  • YOLO by The Lonely Island (caution: language)

 

Most songs I either love it right away and if I'm on the fence I end up not liking it. Living Hope by Phil Wickham was an exception and the only one I can come up with right now.
 
 

  • Anymore by Madilyn Page
  • Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes
  • Ludovico Einaudi (for background music while I'm working on things that require concentration)

 

  • Love Is Not A Fight by Warren Barrfield 

  • The Bones by Caleb & Kelsey 
  • Fight For You by Grayson Reed


Not gonna lie, this was hard. Some where hard to come up with material for and others it was hard to stop!! Also, I realized that a lot of my music doesn't really fit into these categories, so that was interesting.

Comments

  1. I tend to run away from anything that asks me to name a favorite 😄 It's so hard to choose!
    I agree that 5 yrs is old for a song though 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad this allowed me to pick more than one! It's the games that insist on JUST ONE that I can't do! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts