I'll Get Around To It Later // Blog Tag

 


My friend Liesl over at Quote, Unquote has created a blog tag all about procrastinating on reading!!! If you know me or her, you might not believe that we would ever procrastinate when it comes to books, but you'd be wrong! 

Before we get started, we have to do "The Rules":

  1. Link back to the original post at Quote, Unquote so the creator can read your answers.
  2. Link back to the post of the person who tagged you and thank them. (Liesl tagged me and she's already linked above. Thanks, Liesl!)
  3. You may use the included graphic anywhere in your post, but you don’t have to.
  4. Fill all seven categories.
  5. You can either leave this tag open so anyone can do it or tag up to seven people.

 The Categories

  1. A classic book that you have been meaning to read forever but haven’t yet.
  2. A book on your shelf that you haven’t read yet
  3. A book that you got recently that you haven’t read
  4. A book that you’ve had forever but haven’t read
  5. A book a friend recommended that you haven’t read
  6. A book you’re procrastinating on
  7. The next book on your TBR

 

A classic book that you have been meaning to read forever but haven’t yet. 

1. The Princess Bride by William Goldman. 

I've seen the movie dozens of times and read Cary Elwes' memoir but still have not read the original book. I really don't know why, unless it's that I think it will not be as good as the movie but the author wrote the screenplay so it's got to be good.


  







A book on your shelf that you haven’t read yet

 2. Dayuma: Life Under Waorani Spears by Ethel Emily Wallis.

I pretty much read anything I can get my hands on about the five missionaries who were martyred in Ecuador in the 1950s. This book is about a girl who escaped from the Waorani/Waodani (Auca) Indians many years before the events that shocked the world. I'm looking forward to reading it, but I don't know when that will be.








A book that you got recently that you haven’t read

 3. Knowing Jesus Through The Old Testament by Christopher  J. H. Wright.

 I bought Knowing The Holy Spirit Through The Old Testament for my birthday last year (haven't read that yet either) and then got this one for Christmas. I'm such a slow non-fiction reader and I really want to give these books the attention they deserve so they wait, hopefully patiently :)







A book that you’ve had forever but haven’t read

4. The Narrow Road by Brother Andrew.


I think I got this at a library booksale or the library bookstore. I've read Brother Andrew's story and it's amazing. This book is a collection of stories of the persecuted Church around the world. I think stories like this is are powerful and inspiring and challenging. They challenge us to live the same way and to pray for the persecuted brothers and sisters around the world. 







 

A book a friend recommended that you haven’t read


5. When Healing Becomes A Crime by Kenny Ausubel.

My friend is very into natural things and has recommended a few books on natural medicine to me. As a family, we have gone more natural over the years. I think there is a place for modern medicine and natural medicine. As someone who was greatly helped by natural treatments when modern medicine failed me, I see the need for alternative therapies. 







A book you’re procrastinating on

6. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells.


I sorted my 'to-read' shelf on Goodreads by date added and this was the first book I every marked as 'to-read', all the way back on April 1, 2015!!!!! I think that wins a procrastination prize. To be honest, I don't even know why I wanted to read it anymore. I'm actually considering going through my TBR shelf and cleaning out some that I no longer want to read or can't read unless I buy them and I won't buy them. We'll see. 


(If anyone who knows me has read this, is it worth my time? Would I like it?)





The next book on your TBR


7. Fierce Convictions by Karen Swallow Prior.

This is the first book I got with my brand new library card! I'm (still) reading Amazing Grace and William Wilberforce's story, but I want to read Hannah More's story around the same time, since their stories overlap so much. I love reading about people who persevered against great odds to do what was right. Plus, Eric Metaxas recommends it :)


If you want to know what book will be next, then I'll have to say it's probably Find Your People by Jennie Allen.

Comments

Popular Posts