I Got Nominated For the Liebster Award!!!!

Back when I was a teenager, my friends had blogs as well and I remember one friend in particular who got nominated a couple of times for this award. I thought the whole idea was so fun and I really wanted to participate but never got nominated. Well, here I am!!! Thank you Liesl, for making my teenage blogging dream come true! :)

 

 The Rules

  1. Thank the person who nominated you, include a link to their blog, and add the Liebster Award badge to your blog and/or post.
  2. Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you.
  3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers.
  5. Notify your nominees that you nominated them for the Liebster Award.
  6. Ask your nominees eleven questions.



The Questions

  1. What’s the best speech you’ve ever read/heard? A friend of mine shared a really cool speech with me about books so I'm going to say that is the best :)
  2. What’s your favourite number? Why? My favorite number is seven because it represents completion and wholeness in the Bible.
  3. What’s something you want to do or think would be cool to do but you can’t or won’t for whatever reason? I have images in my head that I'd love to get out on paper but I am not talented in that area so I can't get them drawn. I have to be content with visualizing them in my mind.
  4. Do you believe in coincidences? No, not really. I believe in God working in His creation.
  5. What colour do you think you are most like? This is not something I've ever considered but I have a friend with synesthesia and according to her, my name is associated with the color purple (I think kind of a lilac color) and that is my favorite color. But I try to have a positive, bright outlook on the world, so if I were picking for myself - as I am here in this moment - I think I'd say yellow.
  6. If you only had to ask two questions to know someone fully, what two questions would you ask? Are people basically good or basically evil? What is the purpose of government?
  7. What makes you laugh when your day isn’t going right? A perfectly timed movie quote, my dad/brothers, watching adorable videos of my godchildren, a Snap from my friend with a goofy filter... there are a lot of things :)
  8. What’s a movie that holds special nostalgic significance for you? Just one?! Okay, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron because it was the first movie I ever saw in theaters and my grandparents took me. But a lot of movies hold special memories for me.
  9. Describe your perfect afternoon. Sitting on a beach (probably on Mackinac Island or Lake Michigan), listening to the waves, and reading a book. Not too hot, not too cold, the sun is not too bright (because that makes reading challenging). Sounds lovely to me.
  10. What’s a small thing that you love? God rays. You know, when the sun rays come through the clouds and you can see them? I call them God rays because they make me think of Him and remind me that He is present with me. It's just a physical thing that I can see that makes me more conscious of His presence.
  11. How did you pick your blog name? My blog has always been eclectic and a mix of whatever was going on in my life or I was thinking about at the time, so A Day In The Life seemed to fit. Even now that I mostly post book reviews, I haven't changed it because I don't want to be locked into only posting book related things.

 11 Random Facts About Me

  • My nose does not work properly and skunk is one of the things I cannot smell.
  • I considered being an interior designer and still like playing around with decorating.
  • I have never been enrolled in college but I have 30 college credits.
  • I've been keeping a journal of some kind since 2007. Some years were more sporadic than others :)
  • I have "scrapbooks" of the Detroit Tigers seasons from 2012 to 2020.
  • If I could be any mythological creature, I'd be a half-mer. (Human on land, mermaid in water).
  • I have three other blogs that are defunct - one for music, one for baseball, and one for photography. The last one doesn't need to exist because I have a website now.
  • I love to write and receive letters!!! I've been writing letters since I was seven years old.
  • I wrote a song once with my friend that only uses lines from The Princess Bride and we recorded it too!
  • I love earrings, especially dangley ones.
  • I liked red pandas before they were cool :)

 

I nominate:

Lauren

Merie

Ariella

Anyone reading this who wants to participate!!! I don't know a lot of bloggers anymore so I couldn't get five but you're welcome to do it if you want to!

My Questions For The Nominees

1. Who are your heroes/who do you look up to as a role model?

2. What is a special memory you have with your family?

3. What is one way you've seen God work in your life?

4. What is your favorite treat?

5. If you could speak any language fluently, what would it be?

6. What other culture fascinates you and why?

7. Would you rather be able to travel around your own country during any point in history or travel anywhere in the world but only during your lifetime? (i.e. see England as it changed through history or see all of the world during the 80ish years you are alive)

8. If you could eliminate one bad thing from the world, what would it be and why?

9. Is your career one you always dreamed of or did it take you by surprise?

10. If you could have any talent, what would it be and why?

11. What is your favorite thing to celebrate?

 

Readers, you're welcome to leave answers to any of these questions (the ones I answered as well as the ones I'm asking) in the comments if you'd like to play along!!

Comments

  1. Great post! The two questions you would ask to know someone fully are very wise. Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! I look forward to reading your answers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts