Winter Olympics

I love watching ice skating. It's so beautiful and so fun! My grandparents have cable and are recording all the figure skating for me. This means I have a lot of TV to watch, but it's only every two years (I watch the gymnastics in the summer). 

I don't know a lot about skating, but I'm catching on to things as I watch and they do a great job of explaining. A really cool thing occurred for the American team. Our ladies' skater, Marai Nagasu, did an element called a triple axel in the team portion, becoming just the third women ever to land that jump at the Olympics and the first American woman to do it. It's pretty cool to see and if you watch to the end (it's a wonderful program), you can see her reaction as she finishes. You can't help but get excited for her. 



Our ice dancing team is Alex and Maia Shibutani (they call themselves the Shib Sibs which cracks me up. It's so clever!). Their short dance back on February 11th, was my favorite of that day, because it was lively. I like instrumentals, but at some point, they start to blend and lose my attention. I liked all the performances, but this one I got into a lot more. Part of it was probably simply that there were words, which seems to be somewhat rare for figure skating music. I think this link should take you to the video. It's so hard to find video of this performance!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/maia-alex-shibutani-earn-bronze-medals-team-event

Yeah, I'm having fun watching the Olympics!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts