Men's Figure Skating at the 2018 Winter Olympics

I am having a great time watching figure skating. I don't think the American skaters are doing too well over all, but they are having some amazing skates. 

Adam Rippon is one of our men skaters and boy do I love watching him skate. For me, I enjoy a skate more when the skater looks like they're enjoying themselves and when the music draws me in to the skate. Rippon totally has both of those. He has so much fun and his reactions after he finishes are awesome! Also, when he jumps, it's like he's floating. He is so graceful in his jumps and landings. 

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/adam-rippon-shines-wins-crowd-free-skate


http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/adam-rippon-turns-olympic-ice-his-dance-floor

Nathan Chen is another one of our men skaters and you may have heard of his name before. He hasn't skated well at the Olympics; in the team event or in the men's skates. I felt so bad for him and really hoped he do well in his free skate. He did! It was so awesome to watch. The Americans have been setting records in this Olympics, and Chen did too. They commentators are more knowledgeable about it, so I'll let them tell you about it, then I can't mess it up :) We may not be winning many medals or any gold in figure skating, but we're setting records.   

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/nathan-chen-throws-six-quads-historic-free-skate

I don't know much about figure skating, I'm just picking it up as I watch, but it's really fun. And I enjoy other performances besides the Americans', I just care a little more because we're from the same country. 

This likely won't be the last Olympic post and then it will be Spring Training!!!!!  

Comments

Popular Posts