Blessings // It's A Fine, Fine Life #22

Sometimes a lot of good, fun things happen all at one time. This last week has been one of those times. 

Thursday I got to meet a friend to catch up and discuss stuff. Texting is great, and I love that it keeps us in contact, but it's not the same as seeing her and I used to see her once a week, so this has been a bit of an adjustment.

Friday was our birthday party. I got a bunch of books :) Is anyone surprised? I have been collecting Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden books for a while now and I got a bunch of those to add to the trunk. 

Sunday I had the honor of being one of the godmothers for my friend's baby as she was baptized. That evening, my family went over to a friend's house for the Super Bowl. I never actually watch the game, but there was bingo, so I had to pay attention. We stayed for the whole thing (not the plan), so we didn't get to bed until 11:30. Needless to say, Monday morning was a little slow :)

SNOW!!!! It snowed quite a lot on Sunday, and Monday, Grandpa called to say he was going out to the cousins' house with the four-wheeler. So we took an impromptu trip out there to play with them in the snow. It was super cold, but lots of fun. Have you ever jumped on a trampoline covered in snow? Apparently it's not a great idea because the springs can break, but it was fun for the minute we did it before I was told we weren't supposed to be doing it.

How could I forget the booksale? My library has a booksale 2-3 times a year. This weekend was the first one. I try to go once each day, because as books get bought, they put out more, so the selection changes. Paperback books are .50 and hardcovers are $1. Then there are special price books that are a little more, but on Sunday, all books are half off!!! It's a booklovers happy place! I got seven books for $5. Two are Detroit Tigers magazines. I sort of collect stuff like that. I also got some books that are parts of series. Not sure how I'm going to find the room for three more series, but I'll make it work as I get the books. #firstworldproblems #booknerdproblems. 

Comments

Popular Posts