The Pros of Technology and Social Media

No #WILTFridays post today, because I don't have material and because I want to talk about something else.

I joined my first social media platform last summer.  I wanted my photography to have a more noticeable platform, so I created an Instagram account. While I'm not a followers and likes junky, it is so cool to see how my photos appeal to so many people. One of my early followers was a medical center in United Arab Emirates! What? I have a resort in Tanzania following me, and more recently, a Christian hospital in Ethiopia. It's so crazy to think that people on another continent are seeing my pictures. 

There are a couple other random accounts and it's awesome because that means my pictures, and more importantly, the message behind my business, are getting out to all kinds of places. 

On the flip side, it's so fun to follow other photographers and learn from their businesses. I think it's kind of funny that the photographers I follow pretty much all follow each other. Apparently the Christian photography world is a small one. 

I'm enjoying the connection and interaction on Instagram. So far, it's been a great experience and I am trying to do it right, so that it is beneficial and helpful to my business and life. 

Well, that was it. I just wanted to be amazed and share my thoughts about Instagram. I'll be back on Tuesday with It's A Fine, Fine Life. 

Comments

Popular Posts