It's A Fine, Fine Life #18 // Happy 2018!

Look at that! Number eighteen for the first post and first IAFFL of 2018 :) How perfect. 

We had our Tennessee friends here all week. They like to come up in the winter to experience snow. Well, we had snow alright, but we hardly played in it since the temperatures were in the teens and single digits. Somehow we found enough snow stuff for everyone (small miracle). 

But we weren't bored. We played some games, watched some movies, made gingerbread houses, went to see The Greatest Showman, and viewed Christmas lights. 

 

I haven't made a gingerbread house since I was eight years old and that was a disaster. I've never let that go and it came up during the visit that I still thought about that failed attempt back in Colorado. So my aunt bought two gingerbread kits and we made gingerbread houses. It worked this time (with a little help from my dad). The gingerbread was good, but my friend Mary makes better gingerbread. It was a fun experience. My childhood is now complete :)

The Greatest Showman was great. It was as good as I was hoping. I like musicals with the songs and the dancing and The Greatest Showman delivered it all. It has it's problems (the bearded lady's dresses for one thing), but the theme of family is really strong. Definitely a movie I want to own when it comes out on DVD.







For those of you who, like me, enjoy knowing what is true and what was added, there is a site called Historyvs.Hollywood that explains which portions of "based on a true story" movies are real and which are fiction. Here is the link for The Greatest Showman http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/greatest-showman/. Don't go on the site before you see the movie because you might get some mild spoilers. Actually, some major spoilers. You've been warned. But it is a great movie that I would recommend.





Comments

Popular Posts