What I'm Listening To // Ninth Installment





Happy December! I missed last week because I was out of town for Thanksgiving. So you get two songs this week! Lucky you :)

"I Am A Christian" by Newsong I first heard at Winter Jam all the way back in January or February. I really liked it and every few weeks, when I'd think of it, I'd search YouTube to see if they'd released it yet. Finally, I contacted them and a lady emailed back and said it wouldn't be released until November! What? So you can imagine my excitement when my Spotify Release Radar had this song!!!! I've been listening to it at least once a day, pretty much :)

The other song is also a Spotify find. In my Discover Weekly playlist, there was this Anthem Lights song I'd never heard of. When I clicked to listen, I saw that it was on an old album. Huh? Why had I not listened to it before? Probably because of the title. See, the song is called "Follow Your Heart" which we all know is not a good thing to do. I'm silly for doubting Anthem Lights though. The song is actually about how the world says to follow our hearts but in order to do anything worth while or go anywhere worth going, we need to follow HIS heart. And now it's one of my favorite songs right now. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts