What A Week!


12 people. One house. One week. Our friends from Tennessee were here! We had a fantastic week full of fun activities.
 



4th of July was a ton of fun. Every year, we go to our friends' house to watch their city's parade. We hang out for a bit, swim, and then go to my grandparents' house for the rest of the day. The weather was perfect!






We spent an afternoon at the farm. The kids loved riding on all our machines. They desperately wanted to drive, but they're too little, so we put them on the riding lawn mower. That made them happy!




Everyone who wanted one got a ride in the bucket truck. I think the kids thought that was pretty cool. Their smiles speak volumes.
 



We had to be out of the house for a few hours, so we went to a park. It was the hottest day of the week, so we only played for a bit, then went home and sat outside eating Popsicles until we were allowed back inside :) I really like the candid shots I got. 







Another park day. This is such a fun park because it has unusual things. We took our friends there last time they came and they really liked it, so on their last day, I drove everyone to play for a bit. My mom and her friend are so happy that I can drive and take the kids places! They've been waiting for years to be able to just leave or send me with the kids. 
 

I wanted to spend a lot of girl time with our friends' daughter. She is the only girl in her house of 10 people besides her mom. We went to a quaint downtown area that I love and walked around in the stores and got ice cream. Just a fun girls afternoon out. We spent a good amount of time coloring. I have two adult coloring books and she got a journaling Bible that you can color, so we did a lot of that. 

For my grad party, I needed to experiment with bar cookies, so we made three different kinds. It was a good thing I practiced, because one of them did not turn out the way I wanted. They were edible, but not very nice looking. Too much jelly :) And of course, what is girl time without girly movies! We watched Moms' Night Out and The Little Mermaid 2, neither of which she had ever seen before. I had a lot of fun spending time with her. 

It was a great week with our friends. I love having them and I know they love coming. One of the little boys was petitioning to stay another week :)

Comments

Popular Posts