Lightning is the best part of rain

Flash, Thunderstorm, Flash Of Lightning 

It has previously been established on this blog that I am not a fan of rain. But yesterday I discovered something I do like in relation to rain - lightning. 

Lightning is so cool. I like to sit and watch the sky light up outside my window and I have memories of my family sitting at our front window just watching a storm. That said, I don't remember seeing lightning like pictured above before. Until yesterday.

We were driving home from Indiana and drove into a huge rainstorm. Off in the distance, we saw several bright lighting flashes, similar to the picture (I didn't take that, I found it online :). It was the coolest thing. Some of the lightning was just the clouds lighting up kind of deal, but we did see probably at least half a dozen "lightning strikes". Such a neat experience.  


Comments

  1. I like everything about rain.
    Except flooding.
    And leaks.
    But those aren't the rain's fault! ;-)

    That was a great storm to view lightning. The view out our front window isn't long or broad enough to get great views like the one pictured, but I remember some nice cloud-to-cloud strikes that look similar. We've just not had good thunderstorms during the day like we used to.

    Darn this global warming and the unnaturally calm weather it creates! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lightening is beautiful! :) I got really excited for a minute when I thought you'd taken the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been epic if I had gotten that picture!

      Gotta love auto-correct :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts