The Choosing ~ Rachelle Dekker

I don't read dystopian novels. I've never read Hunger Games or Divergent. I may someday, but, for a while I wasn't allowed to and then, they have nothing to offer. The Maze Runner is probably the only dystopian book I've read.

Rachelle Dekker's Seer books are dystopian, but I really appreciate the morals and values behind it. In "The Choosing", society has twisted the Bible into a rigid code of laws that must be followed to achieve perfection. The girls are told that their only value is in being "chosen" and that if they aren't, then they are worthless. But there is someone out there proclaiming a different message. The message that everyone is chosen; everyone is worth something simply because they are children of their Father. 

Again, I don't read dystopian books really, but from what I've heard, this book seems similar to The Selection and those books, but better (from a purely Christian perspective). I'm looking forward to reading Rachelle's next book, The Calling. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It IS! I highly recommend it. The third (and last) book comes out this fall.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts