A Daring Sacrifice by Jodi Hedlund

"A Daring Sacrifice" is the second book in a series, and you would need to read that one first. I had the first book on my to-read shelf for a while, then discovered there was a second on a summer book list. There is going to be a third that I hope comes out soon!

Anyway, this book was a quick and easy read. The background plot is very Robin Hood, but it's still quite the original story as well. I like how Jodi Hedlund goes deeper into her characters than just physical descriptions and qualities. She realizes that it is the inner qualities that count. At the end of "A Daring Sacrifice" there are discussion questions that are really good. The questions take you deeper into her symbolism. A very nice book that I enjoyed reading. 

* If you are opposed to strong female characters, this might not be the book for you, although she does need rescuing too. There is a bit of what my dad and brothers call "girl-power". You have been warned :)

Comments

Popular Posts