Hate is a poison

Hate pervades our history. Not just the history of America, but the whole history of human kind. A common form it takes is hate against people who are different. In "recent" history you have hatred against blacks, Jews, Japanese, Muslims and Middle Eastern people in general. What has this hate done? It created the Ku Klux Klan, was a part of WWll, was a large part if not the cause of the Holocaust, put Japanese people in prison camps in WWll.........
I'm sure if I thought more and did some research, I could come up with many more examples of hate throughout history. This is just a snapshot. I want to look into the ones I mentioned a little more.

Blacks - sadly, this hatred still exists in some people. For many years, blacks were not seen as humans. After the Civil War, many people were angry at the blacks. They blamed them for losing the war and they were angry at the loss of their free labor. Their lives had forever changed, they were angry, and needed someone to take their anger out on. But for some, they hated just because the blacks looked different. Maybe some of it was fueled by the difference in culture or speech. I'm not sure. And today, this hatred against different so-called "race" is done by almost every "race" to almost every other "race". 

Note: I do not believe in "races" of humans which is why I put this word in quotes. I believe we are all descended from Adam and Eve and that the differences in looks is because of the dispersion of people from the Tower of Babel. 

Hatred in WWll
Jews -  these people have been hated throughout their existence. I honestly don't know why. Is it because of their religion? What Hitler did was horribly wrong, but it wasn't new. He blamed them for losing WW I and was also trying to create a so-called "perfect race" that the Jews didn't fit into.

Japanese - while maybe the motivation for putting the Japanese in America in prison camps was mistrust or fear, hatred grew out of those emotions. Yes, the hatred in WW ll was not all in Germany. We treated people who had live here for their whole lives, maybe a few generations with mistrust just because of how they looked. 

Now for today. They world is under attack from Islam as its followers seek to create an Islamic state. Almost daily we hear news about another attack. They are killing thousands if not millions of people who they hate or who won't convert to Islam. Hatred is a part of their religion. Mostly it is directed against Christians and Jews, but also against infidels (unbelievers). Look what hate has led them to do. Then look at us. We mistrust, fear, and sometimes hate anyone from the Middle East because they "look like a terrorist". We do the same to all Muslims, saying they are all terrorists. This is not true. For one thing, the Middle East is not solely populated by Muslims. There are many groups there. And for another thing, not all Muslims are terrorists. 

I'm going to be radical here. I do not hate the Muslims. You agree? Great. How about this statement? I do not hate the terrorists. Is that one a little harder? Now, to be fair, I've never lost a loved one to a terrorist attack. I am not being persecuted by them, driven from my homeland, everything I owned taken away. Maybe in those situations I would feel differently, maybe not. I hope not. Hate changes nothing. Hate solves nothing. All it does is escalate and make things worse. Look at blood feuds. They can last for generations until no one remembers the wrong done in the first place. They just fight because they are "supposed to hate each other". That is sad to me. I see the pictures of Islamic militants. Some of them look so young and I just feel sad. They have no life but a life of hate. They do this because they have to. It is a part of their religion. They don't know God. And every single Muslim who dies without God, is living eternity without Him. So, I don't hate Muslims or terrorists. I feel sorry for them. They are so lost. Hate changes nothing, but prayer and love does. Why don't we try that? 

There is this song about hate that sums this whole post up pretty well. It's called "I Hate Hate"by the band About A Mile.


Comments

Popular Posts