The Meet the Book Blogger Tag

I found this on my friend Liesl's blog (the creator of the original tag is the Bibliomavens), and it looked like a lot of fun. At this point, if I'm posting something other than a book review, you probably have Liesl to thank for it :)

Who is your all-time favorite book character?

My gut reaction is Jaron from The Ascendance Trilogy (that is now more than a trilogy). He is just phenomenal. He's absolutely brilliant, funny, and just all around amazing. If I thought about it longer, I could probably come up with a bunch of other characters who I also love, but this is the first one that always comes to mind.

If you were stranded on a desert island, which book would you take with you?

Yikes! Again, my first instinct is The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare. That is the fiction book I always say is my favorite. It's probably the book that's been on my favorites list the longest, so that has to count for something.

What is your most unpopular bookish opinion?

Probably that I cannot stand The Hobbit. I think it's the most boring book I've ever read. I have such bad memories of reading it the first time that I'm not sure I can bring myself to try again.

What is your weirdest bookish habit?

I hate stopping in the middle of a chapter! I have read books where chapters are forever long or aren't even really a thing (it's more like page breaks to move to the next topic) and I have the hardest time reading those kinds of books! I need chapters and I need to end at the end of a chapter!!!

What character would you bring to a family event as your fake partner?

This is a challenging question because my favorite book characters would drive me absolutely bonkers in real life. Do I have to answer this one? It's my blog, after all. Okay, fine! I'll say Tyler from the Paige Alder series by Erynn Mangum. He's a nice character.

What made you decide to start a book blog?

This did not start as a book blog! It actually started as a way to share quotes and memes with my friends. (We didn't have social media and email didn't seem practical.) It then grew to be kind of like an online-journal and now it is mostly where I post reviews for Revell books that I read and the occasional post on another topic. So it kind of accidentally became a book blog :)

What about reading and books do you love the most?

I love connecting to characters and learning from other people (past and present).

What is your field of study or desired/current profession?

I am a professional portrait photographer! That means I get to take pictures of people, but I mostly focus on families. I've always loved working with little kids and I just cannot believe how lucky I am to be doing this job. I also am starting to pursue editing work for other photographers. I love editing too!

What are some book recommendations that became your favorites/obsessions?

I'm kind of the reader in my group of friends so I'm usually the one giving the recommendations :) Well, The Bronze Bow was loaned to me by a lovely lady at church and The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin was recommended to me by one of my best friends and I love that book!!!

What is the book you shove down everyone’s throat?

Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas. His life is inspiring, amazing, incredible and so relevant for Christians today! It's a long book, I know, but so, so worth the time!!! I recommend it to EVERYONE!



Do you have answers to any of these questions? Let me know what you would say in the comments below!!

Comments

  1. I've been meaning to read Bonhoeffer for years! 😀🙄😀 Thanks for the reminder; I added it to my Overdrive list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts