Labyrinth of Lies by Irene Hannon // Revell Reads Review

 

I got strong Gallagher Girls vibes right away, but that's probably because the book is set in an all-girls private school. Hannon did a great job keeping me guessing and I didn't suspect the perp until just before they were revealed!!!! There was a lot of subterfuge and things not being as they seemed, from the bad guys and the good guys. Labyrinth of Lies is the perfect title.


I really liked Cate's sisters. Their relationship is fun and sweet. I wish they could have been around more, but that wouldn't work for obvious reasons. I also really like Kayla. It's a relatively minor subplot, but I just liked how everything went with her. How Cate connected to her and was able to form a relationship.

The case took a larger role than personal character growth, which is new. Our MCs did have things to work through, but there wasn't as clear of a message or theme that they were learning. Not bad, just different.

My one drawback was how big of a role the romance held in the story. Usually, it's in the background or a minor part of the plot because catching bad guys is more important! I just didn't like how it was done in this one.

Many thanks to Revell and NetGalley for a copy of the book. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.

 

Comments

Popular Posts