Point Of Danger by Irene Hannon // Revell Reads Review

Radio talk show host Eve Reilly is used to backlash from her pot-stirring on-air commentary and interviews, but now it seems a disgruntled listener is resorting to more than angry words to express their displeasure. When a suspicious package arrives on her doorstep, Eve turns to law enforcement for help.

Police detective Brent Lange can't find any evidence to link the string of unsettling incidents that follows, but he's convinced they're connected. As the harassment grows more menacing, it becomes clear someone wants Eve's voice silenced--permanently.

 Read more here.  


My Review

*There are a few spoilers.*

This is a timely book. I love that Hannon did not pull any punches and adequately describes the views of the left and the right, mixing in the climate of our current lives. It was amazingly well done. I loved it. I think she was brave to do it and I hope more will confront what is going on like she did.

There were kind of three storylines going on and Hannon kept those straight. I was not confused, though I did wonder how on earth all of them would come together. It wrapped up nicely I'm pretty sure Al is Buzz, though that was not explicitly confirmed. I also think Crip was Steve. I did NOT see the identity of the perp coming AT. ALL!!!!


The main characters from the Code of Honor series were mentioned/had a cameo and Phoenix came up, though was never employed. I always love a good tie-in. This was another excellent story from Irene Hannon that had me continuously turning pages. I loved Eve as a character. I wish she was real and really had a radio show :) Many thanks to Revell for a copy of the book. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.




Comments

Popular Posts