The Strange Ways God Works


A few weeks ago, I got an email from a friend's mom saying that she had a job opportunity for me. Her neighbor works for a local jewelry store and they were going to have a booth at the city's chili cook-off and were looking for two students to staff it. A one-day deal and a fairly simple way to make some money. Okay, great!

I called the contact number and said I was in. The lady asked if I had friend who'd like to do it with me, as the second spot was still up for grabs. Let me ask around. I found a friend who was free and we were all set. 

I had several phone conversations with the contact lady and during one, she asked if I was looking for an actual job. They were looking to hire what was essentially an administrative assistant. I said, "thank you, no, I am pursuing photography," and then I jokingly said that if they wanted pictures of the jewelry, then I'd be interested. She said, "well, maybe there is something to that," but that she'd have to get back to me. 

My friend and I did the chili cookoff and a few days later, I had an email from the lady asking if I was available and interested in doing photography at the grand re-opening of one of their stores! On top of that, I most likely have a job photographing the things she and her family sell in their own business! All this from a one-day job opportunity. 
  
Another cool tidbit, the lady I've been talking to was homeschooled as well :)   
 
Coincidence? I think NOT! 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I still can't quite believe it! Thank you so much for reading my blog and commenting! I appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts