The Case for Christ




When I heard they were making The Case for Christ into a movie, I was very excited. I read the kids edition years ago for a summer reading challenge and, oddly enough, I don't think I've ever read the original. Regardless, I'm super into apologetics so I was looking forward to this movie. 

People started saying that it was more based on Strobel and his journey, not so much the apologetics, but I didn't much care. I wanted to see it. I contacted some friends to try and find someone to go with me and we went yesterday (to a theater with $5 tickets and recliners, as my friend made sure to mention only about a dozen times :). 

IT. WAS. SUPER. GOOD! I've read some reviews and I agree with a point they have - it's nice that the main focus was on his marriage. It really emphasizes the struggle both he and his wife went through when she became a Christian and he still was an atheist. 

That being said, Strobel did interview people in his search to "disprove" Christianity, so there was a little bit of apologetics thrown in (yay! :) but not enough to bore anyone. 

One thing that really surprised me was the perspective of Strobel's colleague, Ray. Ray is an atheist too, and is trying to support Lee and help him in his quest to "get his wife back", but at the same time, is telling Strobel to let her know he still loves her. Basically, Ray was supporting their marriage, even when he also didn't believe. I guess I don't know for sure how factual that is, but, it stood out to me. 

If you were thinking about going to see The Case for Christ, I would highly recommend it. Very, very good movie. It's funny, yet serious. They put in a bit of apologetics, if you like that stuff, but focused in on the person and the relationships. My friend and I were both impressed.

Here is the trailer:

You may or may not recognize quite a few actors in this movie :)

Comments

Popular Posts