Journals // Endings & Beginnings


My Oma gave me my first journal when I was nine. I've been keeping a journal ever since (with varying degrees of consistency).

I like journaling. I like to write and I can sort things out better by writing them. I love starting new journals, which is a very good thing, because I also feel sort of sad ending the previous journal. 

As someone who is not great with change (but getting better every year), ending the journal that I've been using for so long is at least bittersweet, if not a little sad. But I'm always excited to start using my next journal. 

There's something about all the fresh pages; a whole new book to fill with memories. It's full of promise, like a new year or a new baseball season. Nothing bad has happened yet and everything is hopeful. 

I have all my old journals and I enjoy going through them remembering (except for seeing how I could not spell!!). Today I am finishing my sixth journal and tomorrow I start a new one. It's even more exciting because I've always wanted a journal like this. It's a leather one (fake, but still) and it has a cord tie that you wrap around it. It's totally awesome. 

There's not really an ending for this post or a point, actually. I just was thinking about ending and beginning journals, so I thought I'd write about it. 

Okay, bye! 


Comments

Popular Posts