For The First Time

Ian Kinsler turns a double play

I've been following Team Venezuela and Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. I'm not super invested (partly because you can't listen to the games on the radio and they're all late at night), but I was pulling for both teams. Venezuela got out early, but USA played in a semi-final game last night and WON! For the first time since its inception in 2006, Team USA is going the the WBC Championship game. That's pretty cool. 

The championship game is tonight vs. Puerto Rico, who have not lost a game in the WBC, I believe. It'll be tough. But Team USA is up to the challenge.

The only Tigers player on the team is Ian Kinsler. He has done well in the Classic. His double helped set up USA to break a 1-1 tie and that run ended up being the winning run. Kinsler doubled which moved the runner already on the basepath over to third. That runner scored on "fielder's choice", which really was a bobbled ball by Japan's third baseman that allowed the run to score. Exciting stuff!

I'm actually glad that I will be sleeping during the game tonight, because if I was awake, I'd be a little more nervous, anxious, stressed, excited? I can calmly go to bed and wake up in the morning to find out the outcome. The best part is, after tonight, whatever happens, Kinsler comes back and we have our whole team back in Lakeland! Whoohoo!!!

Comments

Popular Posts