The End of November

I'm not really sure what to call this post, as it covers a variety of things and a pretty challenging topic.

I had a mixed Thanksgiving. It was awesome that I got to spend it for the first time EVER with my cousins from New York and then on Friday, all my cousins met each other and I got a picture with them. It was not so great because the reason I spent Thanksgiving with my New York family and didn't go down to Indiana, is because my Granddad died November 23. The picture I got to take with all my cousins was taken at the visitation. 
 
With my cousins
I just want to say thank you to all my wonderful friends who came to the visitation and funeral. I wouldn't have been able to make it through without you. You made me smile and laugh, you gave me hugs, and you just were there for me. You drove straight from vacation to be there and came an hour and a half just to support me and my family. I don't know how I got so many great friends. I love you guys. 
 
Gorgeous bouquet my Bible Study sent to the funeral.
Friday was the visitation and Saturday the funeral. After the funeral, my cousin and I dipped flowers from the bouquets in wax to preserve them. (We had a TON of flowers. My Oma's house smelled amazing!). Wax works a lot better than pressing flowers and it looks really cool.


Sunday we drove down to Indiana and yesterday was the graveside service and burial. Family and friends who live in Indiana came out to the site. My great-grandma bought a bunch of plots when her husband died, so Granddad was buried there and Oma will be buried next to him. It didn't rain - thank you God - and wasn't too cold. I am very glad that all the ceremonies are over. I am done with crying.

Like I said, it was an interesting end of November, mixed with good and bad, happy and sad. Happy First Day Of December, everyone!  

Comments

Popular Posts