Why Christianity is different from every other religion out there

I took an Introduction to World Religions class last semester and we talked about what makes Christianity different than all other religions. Our answer was that we have the FREE gift of salvation -- all other religions make you rely on yourself and your works...

 The other day, my teacher sent this out to us (the students) and it is a really cool way of looking at the difference between Christianity and other religions.

If you invented a religious system, it’s unlikely that you would imagine a god who became like the people he created. But God did even more. He became like his creatures and willingly suffered a horrifying death so that they could be spared.

So true. One thing I can never understand is why, when you are going to make up a religion anyway, why don't these people make nice gods? Why don't they create hope? If I were going to make up something, I would want it to be as nice as I could make it. Well, good thing I don't have to make up my salvation! I just need to believe in the God of the universe, who spared nothing to save me.

Comments

Popular Posts