The New Year's Resolution Book Tag

 
 
 
 
I'm very much an "in the mood" reader. I've tried making lists to check books off of and it doesn't work. If I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to read it. I had a book on my TBR shelf for EIGHT YEARS before finally reading it this year. (The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery if you wanted to know). All that to say, don't be surprised if none of this actually happens :) However, this was an interesting tag and I'm glad Liesl did it so I could see it and do it myself. 
 




 An author that you'd like to read (that you've never read before)
Karen Ehman. Just about all of her books sound incredible but the three on my TBR shelf are "A Life That Says Welcome", "Make Their Day", & "When Making Others Happy Is Making You Miserable"


A book you'd like to read
To Hell With The Hustle by Jefferson Bethke. I am behind on my Bethke books but I've heard good things about this one and I do want to read it. 


A classic you'd like to read
Silas Marner by George Eliot. Someone recommended this to me, (I don't remember who), but I'll give it a try. Will it actually be this year? I don't know. 


A book you'd like to re-read
The Paris Dressmaker by Kristy Cambron. I will be reading it soon and I had to force myself to wait this long. I'm really excited to be reading it as a paperback this time. This is a spectacular book (I rave and rave about this book) and I think it would make an amazing movie.


A book you've had for ages and want to read
Knowing The Holy Spirit In The Old Testament by Christopher J. H. Wright. I'm reading the one about Jesus right now but it's quite academic so it's slow goings.

A big book you'd like to read
The Timetables of History. I got this for Christmas and it lists out what was happening in all sorts of categories throughout history. It's a massive book that might take me years to get through but it's going to be really interesting. 

An author you've previously read and want to read more of
Here's the thing. When I find an author I like, I pretty much inhale everything they have out that I can get my hands on, and then I snatch up each new book as it comes out. I have a lot of authors that I will pretty much read anything they write. One author does come to mind though - Liz Johnson. I have read a few of her books and, if there are more to be had through the library, I would enjoy reading more of her work.

A book you got for Christmas and would like to read
I already read it but, Lavender & Old Lace by Myrtle Reed. It was cute. Old books are darling and charming and I enjoy them, even though they are written differently than our modern books. 


A series you want to read from start to finish
IF book 10 is the last book in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series (and so far I have not heard anything to contradict that idea), then I will be reading that series from the beginning before the last book comes out. 
 

Do you set reading goals? If so, how many books do you want to read in 2023?
I do, only because Goodreads gives me confetti when I hit my goal :) I'm not one who needs goals for general reading. I put my goal at 77 books. I just kind of pick a number that I feel like. 
 

Any other reading goals?
My real reading goals are for reading non-fiction and reading books off my TBR list on Goodreads. I try to read 20 non-fiction books each year. 



How about you? Have you read any of these books/authors? Are any of them on your own TBR shelf? What, if any, reading goals do you set for yourself?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts