Deception by Patricia Bradley // Revell Reads Review

                          My Summary


 Madison Thorn's life took an unexpected turn four years ago. She's changed up her career and now finds herself in Natchez. Life is not done throwing her curveballs and now she has to deal with them while working with someone who tormented her as a child. 


                           My Review

I think this was my favorite book out of this series! It was exciting and kept me guessing!

Four years ago, Madison was horribly hurt and betrayed by someone she trusted with her life. The fallout required her to shift her career and she's trying to move on but events in Natchez won't let her take a breath. She's called in to help on a corruption case but that soon shifts to the back-burner as shootings happen and a woman who looks just like her shows up and her grandfather's life is threatened. Madison wasn't asking to get back into solving violent crimes but she's left with little choice.

There is a LOT going on in this book and many surprises. I suspected something fishing in one storyline from the beginning but some of the other details took me by surprise for sure. There was quite the tangled web and there is a crazy "small world" kind of connection between some of the cast members in this drama. I can't say too much for fear of spoilers but I think you'll be quite surprised when all is said and done.

That all being said, there was at least one side storyline that seemed extra. Did Madison really need one more thing? It just seemed like too much but it happened and it was dealt with.

~ 4/5 stars



*Many thanks to NetGalley and Revell for a copy of this book. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.

Comments

Popular Posts