Critical Alliance by Elizabeth Goddard // Revell Reads Review

 

Mackenzie Hanson's special set of skills opened the door to a successful career as a professor of cybersecurity at a Michigan university, allowing her to put her criminal past behind her. But when a long-ago partner in crime delivers a cryptic message about her father's tech company being under cyberattack, she heads for Montana to secure exposed assets, close security breaches, and hopefully save lives.

Diplomatic Security Services special agent Alex Knight is back home in Montana to decompress from a mission gone wrong. But even as he's trying to relax, he's drawn into another mystery, complete with suspicious deaths, lethal threats, and whispers of espionage that all have one thing in common--a beautiful cybersecurity expert with a dark past.

When the situation turns deadly, Alex and Mackenzie will have to work together to find the answers they need--before someone silences Mackenzie for good.

 

My Review 

I've enjoyed this series set in Montana and having the Michigan connection in this story was fun for me :)

This story kept me engaged and turning pages wanting to know what was going to happen! I started to suspect a certain someone and man, were they good at what they did! I liked the characters overall but I did feel like there needed to be an epilogue or something for the story. Also, Alex's side story with the memorial seemed out of place in the story and unfinished. Like that whole storyline needs a novella or something. The other thing was that the resolution seemed too fast and rushed. But those things were minor and I really did enjoy the storyline. Mackenzie's skills and story were really interesting to me!

After reading this book, I think you're going to want to abandon your smart tech! Sometimes books are SCARY! Some of the tech stuff was also really cool as well. There are a few surprises that will catch you off guard!

~ 3/5 stars


*Many thanks to NetGalley and Revell for a copy of this book. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.

Comments

Popular Posts