Come Back To Me by Jody Hedlund // Revell Reads Review

 

The ultimate cure that could heal any disease? Crazy.

That's exactly what research scientist Marian Creighton has always believed about her father's quest, even if it does stem from a desire to save her sister Ellen from the genetic disease that stole their mother from them. But when her father falls into a coma after drinking a vial of holy water believed to contain traces of residue from the Tree of Life, Marian must question all of her assumptions. He's left behind tantalizing clues that suggest he's crossed back in time. Insane. Until Marian tests his theories and finds herself in the Middle Ages during a dangerous peasant uprising. more

 

My Review 

I've read Jody Hedlund's Nobel Knights series and greatly enjoyed it so this new series caught my attention. I also have read Lisa Bergren's Rivers of Time series and, between those two things, I was excited to get the opportunity to read this book for review.

I really liked the time travel elements and the science was kept at a low level, which I appreciated. There was more travelling than in the Rivers of Time series and there is a lot more intrigue going on with the "technology" of this time travel. Something that can cure anything and lets you time travel? That's a hot commodity.

Like Rivers of Time, the parts that were romantic were mushier than I generally like, but this book is an intriguing start to a new series and I am excited to see what happens next!

Many thanks to Revell for a copy of the book. All opinions are my own and a favorable review was not required.

Comments

Popular Posts