The Narnia Blog Tag || Just Because It's Fun

I wasn't actually tagged to do this but I saw it on my friend Liesl's blog and since I love the Narnia series, I decided I needed to do it myself! 

 

Rules:
  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you (I wasn't nominated but thanks, Liesl, for doing this so that I knew about it!)
  • Describe the rate of your Narnia fanatic (nostalgic, serious, maniacal)
  • Answer the questions below
  • Tag 5+ bloggers
  • Have fun!

 

Rate of Narnia fanatics:
  • Nostalgic Fanatic—you read the book and/or watched the movies as a child and the word Narnia gives you a warm feeling
  • Serious Fanatic—you rediscovered the wonder of Narnia after you were older and have read the books and watched the movies
  • Maniacal Fanatic—you have lived Narnia from childhood, hid in closets on more occasions than is healthy, have read and watched all the movies including the BBC version

 

 

I'm a low-level maniacal fanatic. I can't say 100% that I've seen every version but I've seen the BBC and it was *shudders*. Spare yourself. To give you an idea of my family's love of this series, the paths in our woods are marked with a white stag, the path names and other landmarks are named with Narnian names, I have a small stuffed lion that I named Aslan, and The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe soundtrack/theme song is one of my top movies scores ever. Oh yeah, and I have a blog tag for "Narnia". Okay, maybe I'm just a maniacal fanatic but I don't hide in closets!!

 

Q #1: Who Is Your Favorite Pevensie Sibling?

Hmmm.... I think I'd say Lucy. Maybe Peter. I love Lucy's childlike faith and innocence but I also like Peter's "oldest child" personality and how he protects his siblings. The interactions between Peter and Lucy are also so sweet!!

 

Q #2: What Is The Most Underrated Narnia Book?

The Horse & His Boy. It's not really set in Narnia proper so I've always felt like it's the lost book of the series and that's a tragedy because after TLTW&TW, it's my favorite book!!!

 

Q #3: Who Is Your Favorite Narnian King?

How many do we know about? (Thank you, Liesl, for reminding me about Frank!) Saying Peter sounds like a cop-out so I'm going with Caspian. He was brave and bold and tried to fix the problems as he came upon them. 

 

Q #4: Who Is Your Favorite Narnian Queen?

Again, I don't remember knowing many of them. *goes to look up Narnian monarchs* Since I picked Lucy as my favorite Pevensie sibling I'll pick Susan as my favorite queen (aren't my decisions made with such care?!)

 

Q #5: Which non-Human Narnian Do You Like Best?

This is a tough one!!! I love Aslan (obviously) and Mr. Beaver is great too (especially in the Andrew Adamson movie). Aslan aside, I think I have to go with Reepicheep. Oh, and Trumpkin!!! Lewis made some great supporting characters. All of my favorites have some humor to them (with the possible exception of Aslan. I can't recall him being funny). 

 

Q #6: Which Book Deserves A Movie?

Since we have great/decent movie adaptations for TLTW&TW, Prince Caspian, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I'm going to pick from among the rest. I'd love to see The Horse & His Boy made into a movie but The Magician's Nephew is my pick because it's the backstory to the whole series. (And I only want more movies if they are done well and true to book!!!!)

 

Q #7: What Is The One Thing You Did As A Narnia Fan That You Do Not Regret?

This is assuming there are things I do regret :) I got to "see Narnia" and walk through the wardrobe when my family visited Focus On The Family in Colorado Springs and it was very cool!!!

 

Narnia is a series that is very close to my heart. My top place in the world that I want to go is New Zealand because so much of Narnia was filmed there and it's as close as I'll ever get to going. Funny thing is, when my dad first tried to read the books to us as a child, the White Witch scared me so much he had to stop!!!!


I am not nominating anyone else because I don't know that many people who still blog and/or love Narnia but if you're reading this and you want to do it, then I tag you! For everyone else... what is your favorite book and what level of fanatic are you? Please share your Narnia memories, I'd love to read them!!!




Comments

Popular Posts