Vow of Justice by Lynette Eason // Revell Reads Book Review



FBI Special Agent Lincoln St. John is living his own personal nightmare. When the woman he loves, Allison Radcliffe, is killed, he devotes his life to tracking down the killers and making them pay for their crimes. He expected it to be a challenge. What he never expected was to find Allison very much alive shortly after her "murder." As his anger and hurt mix with relief, Linc isn't sure how he's supposed to feel. One thing he does know for sure: he and Allison will have to work together to stop a killer before she dies a second time--this time for good.

Bestselling and award-winning author Lynette Eason closes out her Blue Justice series with a story that will have you tearing through the pages to get to the stunning conclusion.




My Review
I love Lynette Eason's work!!! This book drew me in from the very beginning and wouldn't let me go! (Makes for rather a late night by the time I finally make myself go to bed :) My heart felt for Allison so much as more and more of her history was revealed. I can't even imagine.

One thing I liked was how this wasn't a "the two MCs meet and spend a couple of days to a week together in intense scenarios and fall in love". No, there is history and attraction that we are dropped in the middle of.

I don't know if this is the last book or not (Derek didn't get a story after all), but I was kind of worried that we hadn't gotten Ruthie's story! I'm relieved to see there is a story about her because I love her! Speaking of the rest of the St. Johns, I kind of wish there had been more of them in this story. I mean, they all were mentioned at one point or another, but they weren't really "there", if you know what I mean.

I suspected the villain just before it was really revealed. I always am pleased when I figure something out, especially since the bad guys are smart and things are usually twisting around like spaghetti!

There is a strong theme of justice versus revenge that is played out beautifully. Also well developed are wrestling and struggling with the fact that God seems distant sometimes and doesn't answer our prayers in our timing or how we like.

This has been another wonderful series by Eason. I'm never disappointed by her books!


Thanks to Revell and NetGalley for a copy. A favorable review was not required. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

Popular Posts