Deadly Intentions by Lisa Harris // Revell Reads Review


Research scientist Caitlyn Lindsey is convinced that someone is taking out her team one by one. First, a friend and research partner was killed in a home invasion. Three months ago, her boss died in a suspicious car accident. Four days ago, another partner supposedly committed suicide. And now Caitlyn herself has miraculously survived a hit-and-run. Afraid for her life with nowhere to turn, she reaches out to one of the victim's husbands, Detective Josh Solomon.

Though initially skeptical about Caitlyn's theory, Josh soon realizes that the attack that took his wife's life was anything but random. Now the two of them must discover the truth about who is after Caitlyn's team--and what their end game is--before it's too late.

In this nail-biting thriller, award-winning author Lisa Harris will have you believing that there's no such thing as random.



My Review 

Whew! I haven't gotten that emotionally involved (read: angry) since Terri Blackstock's If I Run series!!! Man oh man, my heart needs time to calm down.

Caitlyn Lindsey is starting to get suspicious. After the death of a coworker, she starts asking questions and apparently someone doesn't like it. Needing help, she turns to detective Josh Solomon, who has his own personal stake in what is going on.

What got me is that this scenario is so realistic. It actually goes on and I absolutely hate when the good guys are getting blamed for things! Makes me so mad! So Harris did a good job of getting me attached to the characters and rooting for them.! You get to a point where you question if everyone will make it out alive. I even got suspicious of one of the good guys! 




This book will grab you and not let go, so be forewarned and decide well when to start reading :)


An excellent story!

Thanks to NetGalley and Revell for a copy. All opinions are my own. A favorable review was not required.

Comments

Popular Posts