DEMOLITION DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting around to blogging about this a week later, but better late than never :)

Last week, we went to our farm to do demolition in the apartment. My whole family, one of my dad's friends, my grandpa, and my cousin. My granddad had already torn up all the carpeting and taken out a bunch of the kitchen a long time ago (which was really helpful). We had a dumpster that we filled up pretty full. 

You might not know this, but when carpet is installed, there is this very skinny piece of wood that is laid around the perimeter of the room and has lots of nails in it that keep the carpet down. Almost the whole perimeter of the main room and one of the entire bedrooms had this wood around it and it all had to come up. That was - at least for me - the not fun part. Tearing down walls was SO MUCH FUN! We busted holes in the drywall and then ripped off huge pieces. Under that was plaster and under the plaster were a ton of slats of wood nailed horizontally (you'll see in the pictures). Those had to be pried off and then all the little nails had to be removed from the 2x4s. HUNDREDS of nails. 

Dad and his friend ripped out the bathtub. We tried to smash it with a sledgehammer, but it wasn't porcelain, it was steel. Then I removed the linoleum tiles that were left in the bathroom.

We took out all the kitchen cabinets, the flooring in the kitchen area, the soffit above the cabinets ... let's just say there is no more evidence of a kitchen :) Enough talk. Picture time!


 BEFORE
 The bedroom before we kids got to it. If you look close,
you can see the wood we had to pull up on the floor.



IN BETWEEN

AFTER 






 And a video...

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you got "Before" pics, because I can't find the ones I (thought I) had!
    And I'm glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts