Baseball quotes # 1

You may have determined by this point, if you read this blog with any amount of consistency, that I really enjoy quotes. My granddad gave my brother and me a book of funny baseball quotes and since I also really enjoy baseball, I decided this would be another fun quote subject.

You gotta be a man to play baseball
for a living, but you gotta have a lot
of little boy in you, too.
Roy Campanella ~ Brooklyn Dodgers

Baseball is the only field of endeavor where 
a man can succeed three times out of ten 
and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams ~ Boston Red Sox

He slides into second with a stand-up double.
Jerry Coleman ~ broadcaster

The death toll in New England will be catastrophic.
There are so many old people saying, "I can't die until 
I see them win the World Series." They are all going to 
die. It's going to be worse than the Black Plague.
Red Sox fan Paul Sullivan, on the the downside 
of Boston winning the 2004 World Series

Pee Wee Reese to Dizzy Dean: He's doing a great job. What
would you say he's been throwing  out there?
Dizzy Dean: Well Pee Wee, I've been watching him for four 
innings and I believe that's a baseball he's throwing. 

I'm getting by on three pitches now - a curve, a changeup, 
and whatever you want to call that thing that used to 
be my fastball.
Frank Tanana ~ Detroit Tigers

The pitcher has got only a ball. I've got a bat. So the 
percentage in weapons is in my favor and I let the 
fellow with the ball do the fretting
Hank Aaron

We tell [Steve Sax], "Hey, slow down. After you touch
home plate there is no other base to run to."
Rick Monday ~ Los Angeles Dodgers

There are two theories on hitting the knuckleball.
Unfortunately, neither of them work.
Charlie Lau ~ batting instructor

There are only two kinds of managers:
winning managers and ex-managers.
Gil Hodges ~ manager of the 1969 New York Mets

Comments

Popular Posts